Welcome to our travel-blog during our 3 week trip to the States!!
We leave Nice on Thursday morning and will set out for N.Y. from Frankfurt in the afternoon. Arriving at JFK in the evening and not having a connecting flight to San Francisco until the next morning VERY early (6am), we'll spend - as is our habit - the night at the airport being jet-lagged (or drunk - most probably both!! LOL!)!!
I must admit I totally screwed up while calculating the level of jet-lag we were in for, just take a look at this:
Departure Nice: 10.40am, arrival Frankfurt 12.10pm
Departure Frankfurt: 5.30pm, arrival N.Y. 7.40pm (1.40am in our head)
Departure N.Y.: 6am (noon in our head), arrival San Francisco 9.45am (6.45PM!! in our head!!!)
So basically, we'll have to NOT sleep on the plane going transatlantic - which is going to be hard for me knowing I usually miss take-off and wake up at landing; flying is my Valium!! So we should actually sleep at JFK (at least take a nap) and as much as possible during the flight to San Francisco....hmm, and I was kind of looking forward to the food!! Most people HATE air plane food - I DON'T!! OK, I admit it's not always that great, but hey - I usually fly low-cost in Europe where you don't get ANYTHING, so I appreciate the gesture... LOL!!
But hopefully we'll arrive in SF not too shattered, so we can enjoy the first day (although we probably won't be going crazy on the first night...)If anyone should have suggestions about what to do while in The City, please feel free to comment! We have no further plans than visiting Alcatraz and seeing the Golden Gate and knocking ourselves out in the Cable Cars... LOL!
At this stage, D-3, we're both in the process of planning what to bring of clothes, knowing we'll both have warm California weather and N.Y. November chill!! So we're bringing swim suits AND duvet jackets!!! At least we'll try to keep warm enough as to not catch a cold (I'm just recovering from one and Cédric from bronchitis) OR catch the swine flu, apparently devastating the country... I thought about getting masks, at least for the flight with the AC and people being cramped into a relatively small space and everything, but I don't know - don't want to appear completely paranoid, either... well, we'll see...
I'll go and find the suitcases now, that could actually take some time!! ;oP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would bring more warm clothes than bikinis... it's most likely going to be about 10 degrees in SF and it's usually pretty windy! Have a blast!
ReplyDelete