Monday was our last day in N.Y an we still had a lot of shopping to do and Cédric had his appointment for the tattoo. We had to check out by 11, but we had so much luggage that we had to buy new suitcases!! We got up late and didn't manage to get out buy and then bring the suitcases back by then, so we got an extra hour, but I still had to RUN back to the hotel to make sure they didn't charge an extra day for checking out late. I made it just in time! So we packed everything, got it stored and went for Thai lunch across the street - again!! The food was good, but they didn't have my usual beef laarb :o(
I had some last minute power shopping to do on 5th Ave while Cédric got his tattoo, so we split for a few hours; I managed to find most of what I was looking for rather quickly, so I had time to stop by the Diamond District on West 47th Street..let's just say I stayed for a looooong time... there was a bit of everything, though - some stones were utterly ugly, while others... well, breathtaking!!! The whole street was filled with armed guards and traditionally dressed Jews making deals in the street.. very funny ambiance!!!
On my way back to the hotel, I stopped for the famous Red Velvet cupcakes, but was really disappointed: too much frosting - I HATE frosting!! - and nothing special about the cake itself - regular chocolate cake!! And the guy selling them even admitted they used dye for the "red" part and that it had nothing to do with the chemical reaction between the original, lighter cocoa and the buttermilk!!! Sooo disappointed.. :o(
Coming back to the hotel, I added my latest purchases to the suitcases and waited for Cédric. His tattoo turned out great: "That which does not kill you, makes you stronger" on the left forearm...
However he got hung up in a guitar shop on the way back and brought one home!!! I was a bit nervous about the weight of all of this, but...
We had booked a car for 7p.m to go to the airport and guess what showed up: a stretch limo!!! We lounged around and I fell asleep - the trip took over an hour instead of 30min!!! We were one of the last ones to register and when we did, I realized that there was no letterbox in the terminal and I had to post all the postcards I had written!!! I actually had to run (well, take the sky train)to Terminal 4 and deliver the mail to an office!! I only had 15min because we needed time to go through security, but I made it!! And I shouldn't had worried because finally the flight was delayed, so we had plenty of time.
Once onboard the plane, there was another medical emergency and it took them 3 hours to serv us!! We were starving and wanted to sleep!!! And the flight was only 6 hours, so we were not happy when we arrived in Frankfurt. However, on the flight to Nice, we fell asleep like babies...
Finally arriving in Nice, we had no trouble going through Customs and all the luggage arrived and fit inside Cédric's mum's tiny car....
HOME, SWEET HOME!!
(Well, not exactly: I had left a piece of bread on the kitchen counter which was all green and walked around by itself... it stinked!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment