Once inside the building you get the audio visit, but it got me having a blond moment because I thought I'd tape it all, but realized a bit too late that nothing would actually be HEARD on the tape because the sound WAS IN MY EAR PLUGS!!! Arrrgh...
Cédric went mad inside the isolation cell and I managed to get some disturbing sepia pics... The rest of the time on the island we just fell on our asses laughing because of this chubby little Mexican boy who just couldn't stop whining about going off the island, eating, peeing.. you name it! He just had this funny face and all you wanted to do was slap him and his dad was trying to be sooooo patient and we could just tell he was about to lose it... hilarious... Got some items from the gift shop, too – they had a lot of funny things, especially actual rocks from the Rock!!!
Once we got back to town, we wanted to have lunch at Fisherman's Wharf and I had my mind set on crabcake burgers – I don't know if it exists and apparently it doesn't because I couldn't find it anywhere!!! So I ended up with the so-called best home made clam chowder in sourdough bowl in San Francisco, and honestly: it wasn't bad at all!! Cédric went for the famous fishwich: a whole fried fish with coleslaw on bread... a bit heavy for me...
Wanting to finally get on the cable car, we continued the Wharf and a got scared shitless by a black guy hiding behind two branches of leaves. His thing was to scare by-passers who hadn't noticed him and get money... we stayed watching others getting scared for at least 10 minutes – a Japanese woman almost had a heart attack...
When we arrived at the cable car stop we found a huge queue waiting, but having already lost most of the daylight (BTW can't believe how short the days are here!!), we had to go on and it was sooo funny!! The are some seriously steep hills in SF!! I hung on the outside and got my day's biceps exercise... Hopefully the video will be OK... Cédric was at the back, so we could document our adventure!!
Having come back downtown in one piece, we did a couple of shops – again - , and went back to the hotel. We had planned to go to the restaurant Market One and were worried it would they'd stopped serving because we always seem to be really slow getting out at night, like 10-ish, but we walked down there just to find it closed altogether!!! Then I remembered it was Veterans day, but found out soon enough that it was closed on Sundays!!! We were disappointed, but we still had to eat and went down to the pier, but most of the restaurants had stopped serving – that's early, isn't it?
But one charming waitress guided us across the ice-rink(!) to another Thai restaurant, but this time it looked really fancy!! They had watermelon and raspberry cocktail to die for, and the food was great!! I had my usual Tom Yum Gai soup and it was delicious!! The lemongrass seabass was yummy, too, but I was sooooooooooo full for some reason (could it have been the clam chowder bread bowl?), I could hardly eat anything else but the fish! The only thing annoying us is how fast they want you to leave when you've finished eating!! God, I still had my coconut when we got the bill!!! But that's probably why the restaurants get 5-6 services per night...
We rolled back home again and just collapsed – no force left to pack before leaving the next day...
No comments:
Post a Comment