7a.m: had to get up to return the keys..... not really up for it!! But the carpenter was coming by, too, so we had to.. Went to Bellagio Dollar Rental Office and casually mentioned to the sales person that I had been there yesterday before 5p.m and that nobody was there.. and she denied it!! OK, nobody should give me an attitude before 8 in the morning, especially when I'm right!! “Everything works by the clock here...” - my ass!! I was early – she wasn't there. Period!
We then stepped out in the beautiful weather, but it was surprisingly cold!! I got a lot of compliments for my coat, though... :o)
Strolling back to Caesars to wait for the repair guy for the the leaking shower door, we went through the Forum shopping Mall. Most of the shops were closed (it was just 8a.m), but we caught a glimpse of what was waiting for us... Luckily I only had to buy body cream for a friend – there are so many shops and different alleys under a fake and oppressive blue sky!
Once back in the room the repair guy never came and Cédric had a looong siesta!! I only fell asleep when he woke up, so he left me sleep for an hour.
Then we went down to have a look around town: the Venetian with gondolas paddling around – just the most unromantic thing ever!! Everybody was staring at you and you were like 2m from the road!! Not what I'd seen in the commercials!! Inside it was Italian renaissance all over – Cédric had a panic attack!! LOL!! Then the Palazzo, not much better, and its shoppes (they had Louboutins, but not anything I liked..); just tooo big and pompous!! The the sun went down, and the volcano(!) show at the Mirage started: fire, bubbles and smoke!! Very fake and totally Vegas!!
Then we had to do the usual stop at Hard Rock Café to get Cédric his usual T-shirt and we had yummy cocktails. It's the 2nd largest Hard Rock Café in the world, so they had a lot of memorabilia – funny how tiny most superstars are (except the Boss and Barry White..). And they also had original news papers' front pages from the Lennon, Kennedy and Elvis deaths; we spent just as much time walking around looking as drinking! On the way back we watched the dancing fountains again – it's sooo beautiful!!! Walking up and down there made us work up quite an appetite; having had this huge meal at 1a.m the night before, we had decided on a half-day fast. But we had seen this nice Japanese restaurant inside the Caesars with “buy one, get one free”-menu and sushi, so we went for that: D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!! OK, it cost us $150, one free menu included, but it was worth every penny!!!
We then hit the slot machines for as long as $65 would let us – $20 lasted me an hour -, had a drink served by the less-than-overly-sexy toga clad waitresses (nothing like the ones in “Las Vegas”) and hit the sack! We were planning to make some new flying pictures while jumping on the bed, but completely forgot!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment