20.11.09

Day 2 in New York

On our first day of getting around in N.Y, I decided to try and find the down filled coat I wanted as shopping item No.2 for this trip (the others being the Louboutins, a belt, a suit and boots). I had seen a North Face coat on the Internet and checked out the shops selling North Face and in N.Y there were.... 298!!! So, I picked 4 not too far from the hotel and found them surprisingly easily!! We fought our way through an “around the block”-queue for a sale at Gucci and some crazy black guy yelling at me for filming it, but we found the stores and I tried the coat on, but: I'm a Large here... a f***ing LARGE!!! I've never been a Large!! Hardly a Medium!! Either I've gotten really fat during this trip or their sizing sucks!!! I'm inclined to believe the latter (for the sake of my sanity)...

I tried and reflected and we went on 5th Ave and stumbled over one of these fabulous buffets they have over here... and had some proteins, all meat: fills you up and have less calories... still shocked being a Large... An old couple sat next to and stared at our plates through the whole meal – had they never seen people eat before?!! OK, our plates might have been slightly fuller than the rest of the café, but still – it's rude!!!

We slipped into Lord&Taylor to use the restrooms and on his way down Cédric saw all of these down jackets on the 2nd floor and we went up again. Oh My God: down coat heaven!!! All sizes, colors and brands!!! I tried on most of them, but found my luck with a Cole Haan coat! OK, a little pricey, but it was 20% off... and it was perfect!! Big collar, below the knees, light and classy!!
So I traded my white Snow White Coat for this black, snuggly duvet... but it started raining!!! So I bought myself an umbrella and set off for Time Square and Broadway. It was just like on TV, bright lights ans neons all over the place!! We got our usual drinks and T-shirt for Cédric and headed home through Broadway and went for Thai food – again!! Not as good as the first one – in my opinion, but still good! After that we went to get our tickets for “New Moon” the next day and headed home to get up for the matinée...

No comments:

Post a Comment