First day in San Francisco and we love it already!!! Got my Lifesavers first thing after changing my € - they live up to their name!! LOL!!
OK, the weather is NOT great (extremely drizzly, but cleared up during the afternoon), but the hotel is: Good Hotel – a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel (Best Western Group); new, clean, young, wi-fi'ed and with spiky colors!! The room is big with everything you need: fridge, TV, safe, AC etc...
And at the reception they even lent us umbrellas for free!! It's on 7th and Mission,a stone throw away from Market Street and its shopping pleasures – perfect! And for us who like walking it's absolutely possible to walk down to the ferries and up to Fisherman's Wharf. However, the first part of Market St. is kind of freaky; lots of drug addicts and lost cases in general, but hey... big city, big problems!
We took a quick shower and went for a Subway sandwich before hitting the streets: I had imagined everything being much farther away, so I was so happy when I found out that all the shops selling Louboutin shoes were in the same neighbourhood!! I found my new pair at Saks Fifth Avenue: deep ruby colored patent leather Biancas... beautiful!!! Unfortunately, there was only one pair left and the right foot was the exhibition model and had been so much widened out that I couldn't wear it without slipping... but I'll go to the new boutique in L.A. or in Vegas and get them there... Happy, happy, happy!!!
I didn't buy that much, really, but we stopped by a H&M shop just to compare with the one in Nice and found that the shop in Nice stinks!!! They don't have anything there!!! But I found a nice top that cost me next to nothing and got to see what H&M should look like!!
One thing we notice here is how nice, polite and helpful everybody is – French people, take note!! You really see that people have to work to keep their jobs and that service is their main focus, just listen to this: I bought some so-called exclusive perfume at Saks – got a free 200ml body lotion + mini purse spray and bodylotion and perfume sample, a sweet summery canvas bag with 2 Fekkai Hair product samples, 3 Dior L'Or de Vie samples, Clarins Bodylift sample, a mascara, Kiehl's moisturizer sample, Chanel serum sample, Sisleÿa Line reducer sample, 3 Versace perfume samples, 7 Bond No.9 perfume samples for men, 2 for women, Narcisco Rodriguez for him mini shower gel, Prada L'Eau Ambrée mini shower gel, 3 Hermès perfume samples and a mini Dior purse.... try getting THAT in France!!! I know half of the staff at Séphora and not even I get that much stuff – and all without asking!! We should come here more often...
Now we're off for Thai food and probably not much else, for our bodies it's still +9 hours...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment